The Huronia Airport seeks an enthusiastic individual for the full-time position of Operations Specialist.
The Operations Specialist reports directly to the Airport manager and is responsible for maintaining the assets of Huronia Airport. Huronia Airport serves North Simcoe providing airport facilities for business aircraft, recreational pilots, aircraft maintenance, emergency medivac flights and support for search and rescue.
- The Operations Specialist is responsible for the care and maintenance of the physical assets of Huronia Airport.
- Two primary responsibilities include snow removal in the Winter and grass cutting during the Summer.
- Maintaining equipment, buildings and grounds owned by Huronia Airport.
- Maintain a high level of Customer Service
- Cleaning the Terminal building and other Airport assets
- Maintaining the Emergency Response Plan
- Maintaining the Safety Management System
- Maintain equipment to assure functionality when required
- Cash handling and assuring monies received are processed appropriately
- Aircraft refueling, fuel handling and quality control
- Preparing Monthly Traffic and Fuel Stats
- Maintaining the airport water systems within Health Department guidelines
- Fuel Handling and Quality Control
- Represent Manager in his/her absence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Aviation Education or equivalent aviation knowledge
- Relevant work experience in an airport related field, flying experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of policies and standards related to airport operations
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Radio operators’ certificate or attainable within 30 days
- Experience with operating heavy machinery, especially snow removal equipment
- Ideal candidate will be a hands-on individual willing to engage in all aspects of airport operations with the ability to work independently
Physical Demands Requirements:
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Climb Stairs
- Climb Ladder(s) for the purpose of re-fueling aircraft
- Climb on/Operate large machinery (tractor, wheel loader)
- Push/Operate lawn maintenance equipment
- Operate Chainsaw
- Perform general janitorial functions
- Computer literate
Your customary work week will be 37.5 hours. Airport regular hours of operation are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 7 days a week. Work schedule to be determined. Candidate must be available for weekends and emergency call outs outside of normal business hours.
Salary Range: TBD
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
Contact: Don Cooper, Commission Chair
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.